[Mailman-Users] FW: using swish-e searching with mailman lists

Jerry Adlersfluegel jerrya at jerrya.net
Sat Feb 17 00:37:53 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Jerry Adlersfluegel wrote:

> I have followed your instructions and (think I) have it working on my
> site. But I noticed swish-e is s l o w to index my archives. Have you or
> anyone been able to get swish++ doing the same thing? I don't see a quick
> cgi available for swish++. (Yes, I'm mostly lazy, but also don't have much
> time to write something, especially if it already exists.)

Did I say slow? Expensive is what I really meant. I started indexing my
main list 20 hrs ago, and it's still running. This is on an Athlon 950 pc
with Linux. It's using nearly 400 MB of memory (ram & swap) and climbing.
This is an archive with just under 45,000 messages.

Wrong tool for the job, I'd guess. :-) Time to try another indexer. Not
sure I want to deal with swish++'s attitude though...

Anyone have a recipe for a different local search engine w/mailman?

Thanks!

--
Jerry Adlersfluegel