[Mailman-Users] plain text only?

Mark Carroll mark at chaos.x-philes.com
Fri Feb 16 23:23:50 CET 2001

On Fri, 16 Feb 2001, Mark Barratt wrote:
> >"Peter Hutnick" <peter-lists at hutnick.com> wrote
(snip)
> >It might be better just to have your MTA strip attachmnets on incoming
> >messages to the list, before Mailman ever sees them.
>
> This sounds like good advice, but it's not very meaningful to me,
> unfortunately. I assume MTA is sendmail...?
(snip)

Yes. (-:  However, if you're a novice Linux operator, configuring sendmail
is quite a job - there are whole books about how to do it, and for good
reason.

Another thing you could do is replace in the /etc/aliases file the
references to /var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper with something else that
strips the attachments then pipes the data on to
/var/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper, passing it the command line options too.

-- Mark