[Mailman-Users] plain text only?

Mark Barratt markb at textmatters.com
Fri Feb 16 23:30:20 CET 2001

I'm a new Mailman user, and a pretty non-expert Linux operator, so
Mailman is great - not half the problems I had trying to persuade
Majordomo to work (I'm sure it's a fine product in the right hands).

So here's my problem:

My users want to have plain text messages - no attachments, no html
formatting, no 'visiting cards' and the like. But some of them don't
know how to switch off formatting and cards. A few forget and send
attachments.

Can Mailman throw away all that stuff and let plain text through?

If not, is there another way of achieving the same end?

>"Peter Hutnick" <peter-lists at hutnick.com> wrote
>
>It might be better just to have your MTA strip attachmnets on incoming
>messages to the list, before Mailman ever sees them.

This sounds like good advice, but it's not very meaningful to me,
unfortunately. I assume MTA is sendmail...?

Thanks for any help you can offer

--
Mark Barratt
Text Matters