[Mailman-Users] Stupid Headers

Ed Lazor osmosis at atfantasy.com
Fri Feb 16 19:22:33 CET 2001

>Mr. Hillson, Ed, and others should realize that honey catches more
>flies than vinegar.  And that the majority of Mailman developers
>aren't being paid for this work.  Don't try to fire volunteers.
>They're hard to find.

Trust me.  I certainly don't want to fire anyone.  I also tried to
suppress my anger from being attacked by dolloping as much
honey on my words as possible.  In fact, I'm even willing to
pour some of my Mt Dew on them, if that will help.

>A question to Mr. Hillson and others, though.  If you're just
>doing announcement lists.  Why bother with Mailman?  A simple alias
>list under any reasonable MTA should be more than sufficient to
>the job.   Then you don't get _any_ headers from the list
>server.

I'm not just running announcement lists, but I think I may have
an idea on this.  I believe people use Mailman for ease of use.  In
the case of announcement lists, it provides easy administration,
easily viewable archives, and easy subscribe / unsubscribe.  A
majority of this is due to the web interface that's available.  Others
don't provide this, do they?

-Ed