[Mailman-Users] Newbie: How to dissallove posting to lists

Richard Barrett R.Barrett at ftel.co.uk
Mon Dec 17 14:56:19 CET 2001

At 13:22 17/12/2001 +0100, Marcel Hicking wrote:
>Hi
>
>I'm new to mailman. So bear with me if this is a too
>simpel question ;-) I could find anything in the docs.
>
>How can I set up an "announcement only" mailing list?
>That is: No subscriber is to be allowed to post to the
>list (postings, if possible, should be answered with an
>appropriate message)
>
>Only the listadmin (or, better, a different, selected
>person) should be able to post to the list. Preferedly
>using a web page.
>
>Could anyone hint me in the right direction?
>
>TIA,
>Marcel
>--

You can do this using the General posting filters on the Privacy Options
page of the list admin web GUI for the list concerned.

Set member_posting_only to No and put the e-mail address(es) of whoever is
to be allowed to post to the list in the posters field. A post from anyone
else get referred to the admin.