[Mailman-Users] getting rid of admin request notices

Jon Carnes jonc at nc.rr.com
Tue Dec 11 19:48:48 CET 2001

See FAQ entry:
  http://www.python.org/cgi-bin/faqw-mm.py?req=show&file=faq01.012.htp

I solve the problem using a simple script.

The step you are missing is that you need to blank out the file
~mailman/lists/<listname>/request.db

A portion of the held message is stored in this database.  This is used to
display information to the Admin web interface so that you can decide
whether to Accept, Discard, or Reject a message.

The mailman cron reminder checks the request.db for each list (rather than
scan the data directory for held messages).

An empty request.db simply contains  {.
I keep a copy of the empty database and periodically overwrite the other
one....  Haven't been bothered by notices since!

I was going to write it in python, but the script was sooo simple (2 lines)
that I left it as is.

Jon Carnes
===