[Mailman-Users] help..

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Mon Dec 10 16:12:55 CET 2001

Obtain the software from:
  http://sourceforge.net/projects/mailman/

I recommend that you download v 2.0.8 as this is the current stable version.
I also recommend that you install it on a Linux box.  If you use a standard
distribution like Mandrake, you will find that it comes with an earlier
version of Mailman.  Previous versions of Mailman had a bug that would cause
them to stop delivering if they received a malformed bounce email, so you
will want the 2.0.8 version.

4000 email addresses is not a problem for Mailman - if you run it on a
fairly decent machine with adequate internet access.

Once you have installed Mailman, and followed all the install directions,
then you will create a list and subscribe your email addresses to that list.