[Mailman-Users] check-perms-error: ImportError: No module named paths

Jon Carnes jonc at haht.com
Wed Dec 5 20:01:32 CET 2001

Do you have the file: bin/paths.py:

===
# This file becomes paths.py which is installed in may directories.  By
# importing this module, sys.path gets `hacked' so that the $prefix/Mailman
# directory is inserted at the start of that list.  That directory really
# contains the Mailman modules in package form.  This file exports two
# attributes that other modules may use to get the absolute path to the
# installed Mailman distribution.

# some scripts expect this attribute to be in this module
prefix = '/home/mailman'
exec_prefix = '${prefix}'

# work around a bogus autoconf 2.12 bug
if exec_prefix == '${prefix}':
    exec_prefix = prefix

# hack the path to include the parent directory of the $prefix/Mailman
package
# directory.
import sys
sys.path.insert(0, prefix)

===

If so, is the prefix setup properly?   Are the rights setup properly?
-rw-r--r--    1 mailman  mailman      1531 Jan  9  2001 paths.py
-rw-r--r--    1 mailman  mailman       255 Jan  9  2001 paths.pyc

Jon Carnes