[Mailman-Users] Large Lists manipulations

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Wed Dec 5 17:52:59 CET 2001

On 04 December 2001, Tass Chapman said:
> Is there a quicker way to remove members than the UI or the remove_members
> tool? I can quickly use emacs to load and find the email in the config.db,
> but I am not sure of the syntax and am rather loathe to just delete at will.

Aieee!!  Don't do this -- you will completely hose Mailman's
configuration for that list.  config.db is a binary file, you can't edit
it with a text editor.

Hmmm... I wonder if a lot of the problems with people who have corrupted
config.db files arises from them editing it with Emacs, and then
wondering why Mailman crashes whenever it tries to load it.  Should
remember to ask "Did you edit this file with a text editor?" next time
someone complains of tracebacks in marshal.load().

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org