[Mailman-Users] Large Lists manipulations

Tass tass at kenderhome.com
Wed Dec 5 14:28:53 CET 2001

SCSI alas is not an option (which is where I think the bottleneck is).

It is an 80GB IBM EIDE hardrive with UDMA66
Celeron 500 686class
512M Ram

I have about 80% disk cap still open

On Wed, 5 Dec 2001, Jon Carnes wrote:

> Could you give us a description of the hardware your server runs on?
>
> I have a feeling that you need to upgrade.  You really need to run off a
> fast SCSI disk subsystem with lots of open space.
>
> Jon Carnes
>
> On Tuesday 04 December 2001 22:35, Tass Chapman wrote:
> > I am running Mailman 2.0.6 on a FreeBSD 4.3 box, and I have a list of
> > some 10K addresses or so.
> >
> > Is there a quicker way to remove members than the UI or the
> > remove_members tool? I can quickly use emacs to load and find the email
> > in the config.db, but I am not sure of the syntax and am rather loathe to
> > just delete at will.
> >
> > Currently an attempt to unsub via the web fails (timesout) and it
> > generally times out for Admin as well. remove_members takes about 50 mins
> > or so...

|Tass Chapman| tass at kenderhome.com   : PGP key @ pgpkeys.mit.edu:11371 |
| http://www.kenderhome.com          : KEYID: 0x5BC152A1               |
|ICQ UIN:394570                                                        |