[Mailman-Users] Every time certain microsoft programs find a virus

Paul Tomblin ptomblin at xcski.com
Mon Dec 3 20:15:39 CET 2001

Quoting Greg Ward (gward at mems-exchange.org):
> On 03 December 2001, Laura Creighton said:
> > they feel morally obligated to communicate the fact to everybody on
> > your mailing list.  Pretty soon you have more mail about the virus
> Sounds like some list members have broken autoresponders (or their sites
> have broken autoresponders).  (The fact that they are virus-detecting

Note that this is probably more of a danger with lists that set the
reply-to back to the list.  Personally, I much prefer to set up my lists
that way, and I've had very few broken autoresponders, but when I do I
handle them the way Greg says.

Also, I run a lot of my lists through a procmail spam filter before
sending them on to wrapper, so I can catch them with that if I want to.

--
Paul Tomblin <ptomblin at xcski.com>, not speaking for anybody
QUOTE OF THE DAY:

       `