[Mailman-Users] Every time certain microsoft programs find a virus

Greg Ward gward at mems-exchange.org
Mon Dec 3 19:49:00 CET 2001

On 03 December 2001, Laura Creighton said:
> they feel morally obligated to communicate the fact to everybody on
> your mailing list.  Pretty soon you have more mail about the virus
> than whatever your list is for.  Does anybody have a way to
> prevent these messages from poluting your list?

Sounds like some list members have broken autoresponders (or their sites
have broken autoresponders).  (The fact that they are virus-detecting
autoresponders is not really relevant.)  The usual answer to "What can I
do about broken autoresponders" is "Not much".  Well, you can disable
the subscription of users with broken autoresponders.  For politeness,
you should probably send them a note that you are doing so, cc'd to the
postmaster of their domain.

Hmmm, I think I'll add a FAQ entry for this...

        Greg
Greg Ward - software developer                gward at mems-exchange.org