[Mailman-Users] apache/mailman integration - Permissions/UID/GID?

Ricardo F. Kustner ricardo at rixhq.nu
Thu Aug 30 07:59:50 CEST 2001

On Wed, 29 Aug 2001 16:16:10 -0700
jay vaughan <jay at ampfea.org> wrote:

> Hiya,
>
> I've just completed a full mailman installation on my server, and am
> having problems accessing the online archives at
> ~mailman/archives/public/ ... I noticed that everything in there is
> owned mailman.mailman - whereas my httpd runs with nobody.nobody
> permissions ...
> What to do: change httpd.conf to allow Apache to read mailmans'
> stuff, or set up mailman to belong to a 'nobody' group, or
> reconfigure the ~mailman/archives/public dir ownership?

Apache doesn't need to "own" the files to be able to read them... as long
as they have world-readaccess that's enough (which they should if normally
installed)... the docs show how exactly you should setup the apache
config... you need to make an alias and make sure it allows executing of
cgi scripts in there...
I'm not sure if calling it from http://hostname/~mailman/... would work
somehow... unless you move it to the public_html directory.

--
Regards,

Ricardo