[Mailman-Users] apache/mailman integration - Permissions/UID/GID?

jay vaughan jay at ampfea.org
Thu Aug 30 01:16:10 CEST 2001

Hiya,

I've just completed a full mailman installation on my server, and am
having problems accessing the online archives at
~mailman/archives/public/ ... I noticed that everything in there is
owned mailman.mailman - whereas my httpd runs with nobody.nobody
permissions ...

What to do: change httpd.conf to allow Apache to read mailmans'
stuff, or set up mailman to belong to a 'nobody' group, or
reconfigure the ~mailman/archives/public dir ownership?

Any advice?  I've checked the FAQ, it sorta hints at a solution, but
I thought I'd check here too ...

--

j.

  jv - Jay Vaughan - seclorum at mac.com - jay at ampfea.org

  ~... threads rolling, keep the threads rolling ...~