[Mailman-Users] New install on Suse 7.2 box - Weird problem help.

Ben Burnett benwa at ocentrix.com
Thu Aug 23 21:11:48 CEST 2001

At 02:27 PM 8/23/2001 -0400, Wayne Ringling wrote:

>  First off - Thank you Barry and company for such a great program.  I can't
>tell you how much it has made my life easier to manage a list with mailman.
>
>  Secondly - I am trying to replace an older 2.0beta2 install with a new box
>running Suse 7.2 and Mailman 2.1a2.  I have installed with the docs to the
>"T", check_perms & check_perms -f are both reporting no problems.  I tried
>adding a new list with the command "bin/newlist" and then entering the
>inputs at the prompts and at the end it asks to mail notification to the
>list owner.  I hit return and wait (I set myself as list owner).  I get
>nothing.  I went into the mailman logs and sendmail logs and can't find a
>trace of the email.  I did try using the regular "mail
>user at whateverdomain.com" and it worked fine.  I am a little puzzled as where
>to look next.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Questions about the alpha release 2.1a2 will have a better chance of being
answered if addressed to the development list
mailman-developers at python.org  If you're going to be using this in a
production environment I'd recommend using the latest stable release 2.0.6
instead of the rapidly changing 2.1aX versions.

Good Luck,

- Ben