[Mailman-Users] New install on Suse 7.2 box - Weird problem help.

Wayne Ringling WayneR at strosniders.com
Thu Aug 23 20:27:39 CEST 2001

 First off - Thank you Barry and company for such a great program.  I can't
tell you how much it has made my life easier to manage a list with mailman.

 Secondly - I am trying to replace an older 2.0beta2 install with a new box
running Suse 7.2 and Mailman 2.1a2.  I have installed with the docs to the
"T", check_perms & check_perms -f are both reporting no problems.  I tried
adding a new list with the command "bin/newlist" and then entering the
inputs at the prompts and at the end it asks to mail notification to the
list owner.  I hit return and wait (I set myself as list owner).  I get
nothing.  I went into the mailman logs and sendmail logs and can't find a
trace of the email.  I did try using the regular "mail
user at whateverdomain.com" and it worked fine.  I am a little puzzled as where
to look next.  Any ideas greatly appreciated.

Wayne