[Mailman-Users] Problems Unsubscribing Users

GreenNet User Support support at gn.apc.org
Mon Aug 20 14:55:44 CEST 2001

Thanks for the help so far.  This appears to be a little more complicated

The reason I was trying to manually unsubscribe the user was this:

In the membership management panel the subscribers address appears like
this (underlined in blue of course) including the / at the end:

masssmb at dte.vsnl.net.in /

When I try to unsubscribe them In mailman I get the error message:

Error Unsubscribing:
masssmb at dte.vsnl.net.in -- Not subscribed

and if I use the the remove_subscribers command typing the address with
and wihtout the / I get:

news:/usr/local/mailman/bin # ./remove_members* creativx-l
masssmb at dte.vsnl.net.in
User `masssmb at dte.vsnl.net.in' not found.
news:/usr/local/mailman/bin # ./remove_members* creativx-l
masssmb at dte.vsnl.net.in /
User `masssmb at dte.vsnl.net.in' not found.
User `/' not found.

I'm assuming that this address was spelt wrong and was included from a
mass subscribe or something like that.

Cheers

Phil