[Mailman-Users] Use same users db for two lists

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Thu Aug 16 06:41:51 CEST 2001

On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 16:42:36 -0700
Phil Stracchino <alaric at babcom.com> wrote:

> On Tue, Aug 14, 2001 at 04:08:08PM -0700, J C Lawrence wrote:
>> On Tue, 14 Aug 2001 15:42:59 -0700 Phil Stracchino
>> <alaric at babcom.com> wrote:

>> Bad language.  The correct term (for Mailman) is "umbrella list".
>> See the General Options admin page for initial details.

> Ah, I see 'Suffix for use when this list is an umbrella for other
> lists, according to setting of previous "umbrella_list"
> setting. (Details)'

> What I can't find (yet) is the 'previous "umbrella_list" setting'
> ....  has this possibly been omitted from the admin interface, or
> is it buried somewhere obsacure?  Or is it an option at list
> creation time only?

The UI aspect does appear to have wandered off.  However, using
~/bin/config_list reveals:

  # Set this to yes when this list is intended to cascade only to other
  # mailing lists.  When set, meta notices like confirmations and password
  # reminders will be directed to an address derived from the member's
  # address - it will have the value of "umbrella_member_suffix" appended
  # to the member's account name.
  #
  # legal values are:
  #    0 = "No"
  #    1 = "Yes"
  umbrella_list = 0

Barry;  Whazzup with the UI?

--
J C Lawrence                                    )\._.,--....,'``.