[Mailman-Users] Mailman & MHonArc -- PLEASE help

Tim Freedom tim_freedom at hotmail.com
Thu Aug 9 21:38:56 CEST 2001

We're using Mailman v-1.1 and are trying to get MHonArc v-2.4.4 to
work -- this is on a Debian system (2.2.19pre17 #1 SMP).

Here are the entries in our /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/mm_cfg.py file
(these are the only changes we made for mhonarc BTW - what's noted
below for each ARCHIVER entry is a single line, I opted to paste this
way to easy reading)

ARCHIVE_TO_MBOX = 1

PUBLIC_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER  = '(/usr/bin/mhonarc
  -msgsep "^From .*\d:\d+:\d+.*"
  -addressmodifycode "s/\@/ /g; s/\./ /g"
  -nomailto -add
  /archives/private/%(listname)s.mbox/%(listname)s.mbox
  -outdir /www/htdocs/%(listname)s >> /tmp/out_external_archiver)'

PRIVATE_EXTERNAL_ARCHIVER = '(/usr/bin/mhonarc
  -msgsep "^From .*\d:\d+:\d+.*"
  -addressmodifycode "s/\@/ /g; s/\./ /g"
  -nomailto -add
  /archives/private/%(listname)s.mbox/%(listname)s.mbox
  -outdir /www/htdocs/%(listname)s >> /tmp/out_external_archiver)'

Can someone PLEASE tell us why this is not working ???

Yup, the path to the mailbox is correct
(/archives/private/listname.mbox/listname.mbox)

We don't even get the /tmp/out_external_archiver file ?

What are we doing wrong ? or better yet, what do we need to do to
get this working ?  MHonArc works great if we invoke it by hand, so
why isn't Mailman triggering its execution (we're running a cron job
now, but would really like to get this working properly) ?

Can someone, please, post the exact syntax.

BTW: looking at the Mailman user archives, this issue definitely
     needs to added to the FAQ :-)

Thanks in advance for all your help.