[Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Rich Ramos me at RichRamos.com
Wed Aug 1 02:19:21 CEST 2001

When your (I'm assuming your the list admin) list was created you should
have received an email with the address to the admin page and the password
to your list.  You had better track the email down because without it it is
hard to admin your list.

You can get to the admin page by using the following template URL:
http://<your-webserver-running-mailman>/mailman/admin/<listname>
That's assuming the site admin used the default config.  But even if that
works you will still need your list password to access the config pages.

-Rich

--- Original ---
From: mamagoth at gothling.com
To: mailman-users at python.org
Date: 7/31/01 7:01 PM -0700
Subject: [Mailman-Users] (no subject)

Hello. I'm new to using Mailman and this list.  I've seen my question
asked and answered previously but it made no sense to me. My question is
how to resolve the issue of mail beind held until the list moderator can
review it for approval.  It says the message has an implicit destination.
The answer given was:

" People send e-mail to your mailing list, but your mailing address is
NOT in the TO: or CC:, instead they put it in BCC: To solve this, just
change the value at the admin page permit bcc, (something like that). "

Which admin page?  Which option?  I'm clueless. Thank you for your help.
:)

Cassandra in Greek legend, you recall, was condemned to know the future
but to be disbelieved when she foretold it. Hence the agony of
foreknowledge combined with the impotence to do anything about it. . . .