[Mailman-Users] mailman with qmail

mjs at sohocom.net mjs at sohocom.net
Fri Apr 20 04:18:16 CEST 2001

I am having some trouble with my mailman installation under qmail.

I have set up as follows.

This is a debian system so yes some of the directories are a bit wierd.

1. installed mailman under /usr/lib/mailman owned by user list group list.

2. installed qmail under /var/qmail

3. added to my virtualdomains file

lists.sohocom.net:list

in list's home directory I have created a .qmail-default file as follows

|preline /usr/bin/python /usr/lib/mailman/mail/qmail-to-mailman.py

which I have installed from mailman's contrib directory.

I then created a mailing list, and recieved the mailman-owner email fine, the one saying my list had
been created.

If I now send email to test at lists.sohocom.net or test-request at lists.sohocom.net it bounces back saying
"no such mailbox"

in my mail.log I see "triple bounce, discarding".

I also tried creating the aliases in /var/qmail/alias

.qmail-test

pointing to

|preline /usr/lib/mailman/mail/wrapper post test

etc

same results doing that.

Has anyone seen this happen before and has a solution for it?

thanks