[Mailman-Users] permissions problem?

Jon Church jchurch at gprep.org
Fri Apr 20 04:04:55 CEST 2001

I've installed 2.0.4 on redhat 7.0 It sort of works.  When I subscribe to
the test mailing list the cgi script changes the
/home/mailman/lists/test/config.db file from owner mailman to owner nobody
which is the group that apache runs as.  After this happens I get errors
in mailman/logs/error relating to permissions on that file.  When I
subscribe it mails back the confirmation request just fine. When I try to
reply (tring to confirm) nothing happens UNTIL I change the ownner of the
config.db file from nobody to mailman.  As soon as I change it qrunner
sends out the confirmation message (on the minute I suppose).

I could added another cron job to automatically change the owner of all
files in /home/mailman to mailman but I am guessing I have something setup
incorrectly.  Any suggestions??

I compile as mailman using --with-mail-gid=2 and nothing for cgi-gid

jon church