[Mailman-Users] Authentication using alternate headers?

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Wed Apr 18 05:44:32 CEST 2001

On Tue, 17 Apr 2001, JC Dill wrote:
> What I do (on a majordomo list) is have the person subscribe all the other
> "from" addresses to a companion list that is allowed to post to the main
> list.  With Mailman, I believe you can accomplish the same thing in an
> easier fashion by having him subscribe his additional addresses, but set
> those addresses to nomail.

This latter approach works well.  I run a bicycle touring list, and a
number of the members do this so that they can send trip reports from
the road using PocketMail or similar small machine, without having to
get the rest of the list.  They then just check in on the list using
the archives when they get a chance.

alex