[Mailman-Users] Authentication using alternate headers?

JC Dill jcdill at vo.cnchost.com
Wed Apr 18 05:41:18 CEST 2001

On 07:58 PM 4/17/01, Ashton Treadway wrote:

 >Hi:
 >
 >Is there any way to configure Mailman to authenticate posters against
 >headers other than From:?
 >
 >I have a subscriber who frequently changes From: addresses, but has a
 >consistent Reply-To: address, and Mailman is properly rejecting his posts
 >because they originate from varying addressen.

What I do (on a majordomo list) is have the person subscribe all the other
"from" addresses to a companion list that is allowed to post to the main
list.  With Mailman, I believe you can accomplish the same thing in an
easier fashion by having him subscribe his additional addresses, but set
those addresses to nomail.

jc

(posted and emailed)