[Mailman-Users] How do I make a list 'moderator post only'

JC Dill mailman at vo.cnchost.com
Tue Apr 10 18:10:01 CEST 2001

On 08:35 PM 4/9/01, Jesse Kornblum wrote:

 >I'm trying to set up an announcements list, similar to mailman-announce in
 >that I should be the only person posting to the list. Is there a way to do
 >without having to manually reject every post by every other person? (e.g.
 >An option to 'restrict posts to list owner'?)

Someone else previously posted this answer (when this same question was
asked a few days ago):

	Just limit the postings to key e-mails, and not subscribers
	in the options pages. The restricted posting access will
	make it "announce only."

This seems to be a Frequently Asked Question.  Is there a FAQ for this
list?  The Mailman FAQs at lists.org do not cover the questions that seem
to be frequently asked on this list.  This also is a frequent reason people
setup mailing lists.  Why isn't this better covered in the software
documentation?  (Why isn't the software's documentation available anywhere
online????  I can't find it at lists.org, I'm told that it's in the readme
files, so you can't read the documentation until AFTER you download and
unpack the source code!)  Can the next software release include a blurb
that is specifically about setting up "announcement only" lists?  I'd be
happy to do the writing if I could be assured it gets added to the
documentation.

jc