[Mailman-Users] Who admins this list?

Dan Mick Dan.Mick at west.sun.com
Thu Sep 28 22:22:29 CEST 2000

Chuq Von Rospach wrote:

> At 9:06 AM -0400 9/28/00, Michael Lampman wrote:
> >At 1:23 PM -0700 9/27/00, Dan Mick wrote:
> >>"If you've just installed Mailman, and mail isn't being delivered,
> >>do *not* post a question to mailman-users about it before you
> >>check the cron job that runs qrunner to verify that it is running;
> >>if it is, and you do post a message, be certain to say in the message
> >>that you've verified it, and how."
> >
> >So I guess this list is only for experts.
>
> Not until Barry says so. Dan uses the list. Barry runs it. Dan
> sometimes forgets that.

Well, I've been chastised now.

Of course I don't run the list.  Of course what I post is my opinion.
I would have thought that was obvious.

And, no, reading INSTALL does not an expert make, so expecting that of
list users is not the Horrible Sin that Mr. Lampman or Mr. von Rospach
would have me believe.

It turns out that "verifying that cron is running" is insufficiently
descriptive, I agree.  I apologize for "expecting" such a thing, since it
is quite difficult.  I'll try to expand on that.