[Mailman-Users] add to accept list via unix?

Dave Robbins dave at geol.ucsb.edu
Thu Sep 28 00:45:20 CEST 2000

Hi,

I have version 1.1 running and would like to know if it's possible
to add to the accept list via unix (that is, what is under
"Privacy Options" as:

   Addresses of members accepted for posting to this list
   without implicit approval requirement.
   (See "Restrict ... to list members" for whether or not
   this is in addition to allowing posting by list members

I don't see anything in ~mailman/bin for achieving this.
It would be much nicer to do this in Unix where accept lists
for one list could be appended to others and kept up-to-date
much much easier.  If nothing is available in 1.1
(and any developers are reading this), please add it in 2.0!
>From my perspective (unless I'm missing something), it is
the major drawback to otherwise superlative software.
Thanks for the fantastic job!

Dave Robbins