[Mailman-Users] Getting a Subscriber List

Roger B.A. Klorese rogerk at QueerNet.ORG
Fri Sep 22 05:06:01 CEST 2000

On Thu, 21 Sep 2000, Gregory Leblanc wrote:
> So, write some documentation.  I just wrote a prelim man page for
> config_list yesterday, I'll finish it up this weekend.  This is Open Source
> software, chip in.

The fact that it's Open Source does not imply that everyone who uses the
software must contribute to it, or in any specific ways.  Nor does it mean
that anyone who "steps in" a particular problem or need is thereby
responsible for addressing it.

There are lots of things that are great about the Open Source process, but
some things that are inherently broken as well.  By definition, O/S
developers write what's important to them or their friends; the further
away their needs are from the end-users of the product, the worse the fit,
and the less usable the documentation.

Frankly, I'd rather write a check for someone to write the
documentation; I have much, much better things to do with my time than
write it.  Like tend to the needs of users.

--
ROGER B.A. KLORESE                                          rogerk at QueerNet.ORG
PO Box 14309		                                San Francisco, CA 94114