[Mailman-Users] users getting mail twice

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Thu Sep 21 17:29:11 CEST 2000

GLeblanc at cu-portland.edu said:
> Ugh, please, please don't do that.  A couple of the lists that I was
> on used smartlist, and it stripped the CC:/TO: fields, and it made it
> a real pain to tell where the message had been to.  If I get 2 copies
> (or more, if I'm on several lists that something got cross-posted to),
> I can just file them accordingly, and delete the ones that I don't
> need.  Munge reply-to headers if you MUST, but leave well enough alone
> with anything else the client has set.

You've mis-understood what we were talking about.
The proposal was that Mailman should (configurably to some degree) not
deliver list mail to the addresses listed in the To/Cc lines (since
they have already received the mail directly).   There has been no
proposal to mess with the content of these headers.

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]