[Mailman-Users] mailman bug?

Ted Cabeen secabeen at pobox.com
Tue Sep 19 23:34:32 CEST 2000

In message <Pine.BSF.4.10.10009191423300.23143-100000 at soda.csua.Berkeley.edu>,
Akop Pogosian writes:
>This doesn't have to do with a particular list option.
>DEFAULT_HOST_NAME is a systemwide default for mailman.

Where is that documented?

>This option is configured through Default.py and mm_cfg.py files in
>~mailman/Mailman directory.  Like I have mentioned, mailman does not
>always honor DEFAULT_HOST_NAME set in mm_cfg.py although it should.

Not at all.  DEFAULT_HOST_NAME is the default host name that a list gets when
it's created.  If DEFAULT_HOST_NAME overrode the list option, then you could
never have virtual domain list hosting at all.  DEFAULT_HOST_NAME is not a
systemwide default for mailman, regardless of what you declare it to be in an
email.  If you want it to be so, modify the code yourself.

--
Ted Cabeen           http://www.pobox.com/~secabeen         secabeen at pobox.com
Check Website or Keyserver for PGP/GPG Key BA0349D2      secabeen at uchicago.edu