[Mailman-Users] Re: Mailman-Users digest, Vol 1 #760 - 11 msgs

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Tue Sep 19 09:58:08 CEST 2000

> I do that now. I've done that for years -- but it completely
> disconnects the action from the admin web pages mailman has. Rather
> than weld bags on the side of the server, this stuff ought to be
> integrated into the server, so it can be managed from the admin pages
> the way all of the other stuff is.

I still disagree to an extent.  The problem that I have with Mailman is
its lack of flexibility in the Web-based admin pages.  If we're really
going to do it right, there should be an API for the Web interface that
allows options to be added or removed on a per list basis with configurable
external actions.

If this was embedded in Mailman, you could even control your procmail/perl/
python filters via the Mailman Web interface (yes, it could be designed
securely).

But I don't want to get into a vi/emacs war...  :)

Chris