[Mailman-Users] Virtual Domains

Scott Brown scott-brown at home.com
Wed Sep 13 23:39:39 CEST 2000

yes, but I want to go one step further and make it possible to the domain
owners to create their own lists (see my messages previously about automated
web-based list creation)... so any fumbling around with files really isnt an
option, as there could be multiple lists being created simultaneously...

I may just have to find the source to newlist and do some playing ;-)

What I'd really like is a page that I can call a newlist-like executable,
that parses out the hostname of the server, and appends it to the listname
(thereby creating unique lists across all the domains ;-)... then does the
equivalent of newlist, followed by adding the appropriate
aliases/virtualuser names to the sendmail tables, and forces sendmail to
pick up the new aliases... all in one little step that can be requested by
the user ... online .. any time.

Doesnt sound like much... does it ;-)