[Mailman-Users] list member accessable only web page ?

Darxus at ChaosReigns.com Darxus at ChaosReigns.com
Fri Sep 8 18:35:48 CEST 2000

I got it to work.

 1) download the source tarball
 2) get it to compile
 3) go into the src directory
 4) edit the Makefile and add "listonly" to CGI_PROGS=
 5) run make
 6) copy listonly to /usr/lib/mailman/cgi-bin
 7) make its permissions match the rest of the files in the directory
 8) cp /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/roster.py
    /usr/lib/mailman/Mailman/Cgi/listonly.py
 9) edit listonly.py, and replace "roster.html" with "listonly.html"
10) cp /var/lib/mailman/lists/listname/roster.html
    /var/lib/mailman/lists/listname/listonly.html
11) put your custom web page in
    /var/lib/mailman/lists/listname/listonly.html
12) Create a form to prompt for user address & password to access the page
    like so (I just put this in a seperate html file on my site for now):

<FORM Method=POST ACTION="/mailman/listonly/listname">
Address: <INPUT type="Text" name="roster-email" size="20">
Password: <INPUT type="Password" name="roster-pw" size="15">
<INPUT name="SubscriberRoster" type="SUBMIT" value="Submit"></center>
</FORM>

This will grant the same access to the listonly.html page as to the
roster.html (userlist) page.

I'll probably fix this, but I felt like sharing before I forgot what I
did.  If I forgot a step or something, please correct me.

I think the right way to do this is probably to create 1 wrapper & script
to handle requests for /mailman/listonly/listname/filename.html, where
filename.html is any file in /var/lib/mailman/lists/listname/listonly/

Should I work on a patch ?  Would people be interested in having this
feature added to mailman ?

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com