[Mailman-Users] list member accessable only web page ?

Darxus at ChaosReigns.com Darxus at ChaosReigns.com
Fri Sep 8 04:56:14 CEST 2000

I would like to create a web page that can only be viewed by members of a
particular mailing list.  Very much like when "The subscribers list is
only available to the list members.", and you try to access the subscriber
list, and it requires a valid email address and corresponding password.

I'm wondering if anyone is working on this, or considering working on
this (or already implemented it & I missed something).

I noticed the addresses & passwords are stored in
/var/lib/mailman/lists/<listname>/config.db on my (debian) system, with
passwords in cleartext.

I think my preference would be for mailman to switch to using dbm files to
store it's addresses & passwords.. but mostly because I think I already
know how to make apache authenticate off of one of those.

The 2 possibilities I'm considering are:

1) Nightly cron job building a dbm off of config.db, for use in
   authentication by apache.

2) Hacking the mailman code to create another page with the same
   authentication as the subscriber list, but with custom content (which
   would be my 1st venture into python).

--
http://www.ChaosReigns.com