[Mailman-Users] Bulk Subscriptions.

Jim Ray jimr at linuxmall.com
Wed Oct 18 23:47:07 CEST 2000

On Wed, Oct 18, 2000 at 02:36:24PM -0700, Brian Beers wrote:

> I would like to know if there is a logical reason that the admin pages were
> unavailable for that amount of time?  What is the amount of work that
> mailman has to do to subscribe members?

You can use add_member.  It is in /path/to/mailman/bin/.  This works with a
plain text file.  If you use ./add_member in that dir you will get the help
message.  There are switches for welcome message or not and the like and the
name of the text file.

> Is there any other admin out there that has noticed this behavior?

I noticed the same thing when I used Listar on the web interface but I haven't
tried to do a bulk subscription with Mailman.

jim ray