[Mailman-Users] looping

Yan Seiner yan at cardinalengineering.com
Fri Oct 6 11:38:21 CEST 2000

Sorry if this has been discussed before.

I just installed mailman 2.0b6 - very easy, worked pretty much "out of
the box" -so this is probably a newbie question.

One of my subscribers has a broken vacation program which generates a
new message in response to messages from the list - it does not quote
the X-BeenThere headers.

As my list consists of people with little to no computer experience, and
it is meant for broad dissemination of information, I had set the
"reply-to" to the list.

You can imagine what happened: within minutes I was flooded with "I will
be out of the office" messages.

For now I've set the "reply to" to sender, which should keep that noise
to a minimum, but I'd like to go back to replying to the list.  Is there
any way to prevent this?

I scanned through the archives and found nothing relevant in the last
few months.

--Yan