[Mailman-Users] pending requests

Christopher P. Lindsey lindsey at mallorn.com
Fri Oct 6 08:40:08 CEST 2000

> How do you get rid of pending admin requests from the command line?
>
> If I have 1,000 spam posts being held for approval,
> I don't want to step through them with the web-interface,
> discarding one by one - it's too time consuming.
> I want to get rid of them before legitimate requests
> come through again.
>
> (we at least stopped the spammers with ipfilter - thanks Veldhouse)
>
> Sorry if this is an easy question.

Oddly enough, I sent you an answer to a very similar question on
Aug 26  :)

   http://www.python.org/pipermail/mailman-users/2000-August/006992.html

However, instead of setting m.members and m.digest_members to nothing,
set m.requests to nothing:

   > python -i $prefix/bin/withlist -l [listname]
   >>> m.requests={}
   >>> m.Save()
   >>> ^D

This will remove all pending messages for a given list.

Chris