[Mailman-Users] Monthly reminders harmful

J C Lawrence claw at kanga.nu
Tue Oct 3 20:38:29 CEST 2000

On Tue, 03 Oct 2000 12:16:36 -0400
John A Martin <jam at jamux.com> wrote:

> I am being told that monthly reminders will drive mailing list
> subscribers away.

> Is there hard evidence or well informed opinion on this?

> Does it depend upon the nature of the mailing list or other
> factors?

While I seem to have rather unusual list members (previousl list
traffic has discussed this oddity), I haven't had a single member
either complain of or state they left because of the list passwords.
I have had several "I forgot my password and would you mind..."
messages, but every one has responded well to just being pinted back
at the list web pages with a couple extra instructions.

Now brace yourself, Chuq and Co are likely to weigh in in force at
this point.

J C Lawrence                                 Home: claw at kanga.nu
---------(*)                               Other: coder at kanga.nu
http://www.kanga.nu/~claw/        Keys etc: finger claw at kanga.nu