[Mailman-Users] Adding a List

Chris D.Halverson cdh at CompleteIS.com
Tue Oct 3 17:55:39 CEST 2000

"Randal D. Pinkett" <rpinkett at media.mit.edu> writes:

> Has anyone written a script to automate the process of adding a list (e.g.,
> append to /etc/aliases then "newaliases" as root)?

I think somebody wrote something for sendmail, but I don't remember
for sure.

The problem is that it's not that simple. For example, what MTA are
_you_ running? Is it the same as mine? Do all MTA's have the same
format?  What about virtual hosting?

Yikes!

In other words, you may be able to do something that wraps newlist and
grabs it's output and doesn't what you need it to do, but it cannot be
generic enough to handle things like Sendmail vs. Postfix vs. Qmail
vs. Exim vs....

cdh

--
Chris D. Halverson                         Complete Internet Solutions
PGP mail accepted, finger for public key   http://www.CompleteIS.com/~cdh/