[Mailman-Users] newlist or other cgi solution?

Nigel Metheringham Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 14:20:15 CET 2000

When it comes down to it, all that needs doing to have a cgi newlist
(and a rmlist?) is for someone to code it - there isn't a lot of deep
magic needed.

A bigger problem is the authentication etc for it - currently you need
mailman uid on the server to make a list.  I guess the equivalent is
knowing the main mailman password - but this all ties in with other
questions about a user database with real rights etc.

Finally, you need a way to tell the MTA about the list.  With exim
*nothing* else is needed since it all happens by magic (assuming people
are using the exim mailman config).  With sendmail you need to edit an
aliases file and rebuild it, which might need more privilege that I
would be willing to give a CGI.   Has anyone come up with a magic
recipe for sendmail?  [I know postfix can be done, think qmail hasn't
as yet]

	Nigel.
[ Nigel Metheringham                  Nigel.Metheringham at VData.co.uk ]