[Mailman-Users] newlist or other cgi solution?

Siraj 'Sid' Rakhada sid at mindless.co.uk
Wed Nov 29 13:51:05 CET 2000

Hi,

I'm asking a possible FAQ, and that is, is there anyone out there who has
made a CGI to let users add mail lists themselves via a web page, or other
non shell means? Obviously the add list page will/should be password
protected, so only certain users can create lists.

I personally don't mind creating lists via the command line, but the people
that are going to be creating lists in my organisation are Windows admins,
who don't know (or want to know) how to use unix or any commands they may
need to run to set up lists. It's an argument against Exchange Server I guess.

Oh. We're using sendmail and mailman, if the version matters then we can
upgrade as appropriate.

I know this has been discussed before, but the discussion seems to have
ended pretty abruptly without any real resolve (either being "nope, no way
at all - securely" or "well, I did this, it's as secure as it can get, here
you go"). I hope from that comment you realise that I would like a vaguely
secure solution ;-)

Hope someone can help. No worries if not.

Regards,

Sid