[Mailman-Users] URL missing /mailman/ part

Fernando Maior fmaior at etica.net
Tue Nov 28 17:18:33 CET 2000

Serge Plüss wrote:

> Hi there
>
> I have just completed installing mailman including all the adjustments
> to apache and sendmail. I created a new list and in the email I got
> sent back the URL's where missing the /mailman/ part. Instead the URL
> would say:
>
> http://hostname/admin.cgi/test
>
> which would fail with 404.
>
> Here is what I added to httpd.conf
>
> Alias /pipermail/ "/home/mailman/archives/public/"
> and
> ScriptAlias /mailman/ "/home/mailman/cgi-bin/"
>
> Doesn't that second entry mean that the URL should look something like
>
> http://hostname/mailman/admin.cgi/test
>
> If I type that in I get to the correct page, but on subsequent clicks
> it will generate the invalid path again.
> So far I couldn't find where the paths for the html codes and for
> generating the list email (which includes the path) get defined.
>
> Thanks for your help
>
> Serge

Serge, launch you favorite browser and get to your Mailman admin page
(which is probably http://hostname/cgi-bin/mailman/admin/test, if you
did as the docs tell you to do). After you login into the Administrative
System, you see the General Options page. There, you go to the last
option, the Base URL for Mailmen web interface. Change and apply as you
wish, and you are done.

--
Bye,
Fernando Maior