[Mailman-Users] /home/mailman/cron/senddigest yields ValueError

Jonathan C. Detert detertj at msoe.edu
Tue Nov 14 16:28:19 CET 2000

Thanks for the reply.  Below are two follow-up questions -

* Dan Mick <Dan.Mick at west.sun.com> [001113 21:26]:
> Looks to me like your digest_header value has a "percent-newline" ("%\n")
> sequence in it; the % operator tried to substitute things from TemplateRefs() into
> the digest_header, and failed with the message "unsupported format character.." and
> things that indicate "newline".
>
> Rethink your digest text wrt percent signs.

I know nothing about mailman's interworkings; are my assumptions (below)
correct?

- i assume there is no global default value for "digest_headers";

- i assume the only supplied interface to a list's digest_headers is via
  the web admin interface;

- i assume the value of digest_headers is stored in the lists's
  config.db data file.

After checking the value of all my lists digest_headers, I found one
that looked suspicious.  It had a format like this:
"Bla bla bla, etc.
%(info)

Does the "%(info)" token need to be followed by the letter 's'?

Thanks for your help!