[Mailman-Users] Archives failing after upgrade

Edmund Lau edlau at ucf.ics.uci.edu
Mon Nov 13 19:30:56 CET 2000

I upgraded Mailman from rc1 to rc2 over the weekend but evidently there
were some problems.  My web archives for all my lists are failing.  Here's
a traceback after running bin/arch <listname>:

---
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "./arch", line 129, in ?
    main()
  File "./arch", line 118, in main
    archiver.processUnixMailbox(fp, Article)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/pipermail.py", line 521, in
processUnixMailbox
    a = articleClass(m, self.sequence)
  File "/home/mailman/Mailman/Archiver/HyperArch.py", line 224, in
__init__
    self.cenc = string.lower(cenc)
  File "/usr/local/pkg/python-1.6/lib/python1.6/string.py", line 47, in
lower
    return s.lower()
AttributeError: 'None' object has no attribute 'lower'
---

When qrunner is queueing an Email for a list delievery, there is an extra
line of errors in my error log which basically says my archieve is
corrupt.

The good thing is, nothing is really lost because I can still see them
being stored in the mbox file so I can reconstruct them later.  I was
thinking my situation might be related to what Greg Connor recently went
through but our tracebacks are different.  At the moment, arch fails on
all my lists, whether there were pending requests or not.  I went back
through the logs and discovered that when I had upgraded there were two
lists (out of the 6 I'm running) with admin requests waiting.

Anyone with ideas on how to start debugging so I can be back in a "sane"
state?  Thanks!

-Ed