[Mailman-Users] mailman cron gets uppity

James Aylett dj-mailman at insigma.com
Thu Nov 9 11:38:00 CET 2000

On Wed, Nov 08, 2000 at 02:28:02PM -0800, Dan Mick wrote:

> There was a very-recent change to the CVS to destroy file handles when
> the SMTP mailer gets into problems (an error condiction was also consuming
> file handles).  So there are probably two problems: ungraceful MTA exits,
> and this Mailman error-processing bug.
>
> Upgrading to CVS may be beneficial.

I'll look into it. I'm not horrendously keen on upgrading until either bug
#121953 is fixed, or I've got the time to sit down and figure out all the
patches myself. (Since some of the web pages seem to have their BODY tag
generated dynamically these days, this is probably harder than I want it to
be :-(

> It's been discussed very recently on either -users or -developers.

A search via the python.org website didn't turn up anything useful :-/

Cheers,
James

  james aylett                                   chief technical architect
  http://www.tangozebra.com/                                    tangozebra