[Mailman-Users] Problems with SMTPDirect / Security Bug?

Barry A. Warsaw bwarsaw at python.org
Wed May 31 06:30:39 CEST 2000

    PA> I would be happy not using it, but it seems like the only way
    PA> to get the it working. Is someone using MailMan and SMTPDirect
    PA> to handle a 3000+ subs. mailing list with success?

Just to follow up, as I'm desperately trying to clear my backlog.  The
latest CVS snapshot adds back support for SMTP_MAX_RCPTS in
SMTPDirect.py and I've tested it with 10000 fake addresses[1] and 6
real ones.  AFAICT, delivery is working for this scenario, so beta3
should work much better for large lists.

-Barry

[1] For Postfixers, what I did was create a dummy transport for a fake
domain.  The transport's argv=/bin/true and then I subscribed 10000
addresses in that domain to the list.  If anybody has a better way of
doing this in Postfix, please let me know.