[Mailman-Users] Problems with SMTPDirect / Security Bug?

Pablo Alsina palsina at chasque.net
Tue May 23 16:31:12 CEST 2000

On Tue, 23 May 2000, Barry A. Warsaw wrote:
> I just forgot to include this when I re-implemented the delivery
> modules.  I'll make sure that 2.0b3 adds back support for
> SMTP_MAX_RCPTS.

I think that would be great. I resolved my problem raising the limit on
the RCPT per connection in the MTA configuration file (Postfix:
smtpd_recipient_limit), but as a general solution, it would be better if
Mailman honors its own limit.

Using ptrace to find out what was happening between Mailman and my MTA, I
saw that the MTA was replying with
	452 Error: too many recipients

So I think that Mailman does not end all the RCPT commands because the
connection between Mailman and the MTA closes (probably the MTA is closing
it after too many errors). As a general solution to this issue, Mailman
(smtplib really) should end sending RCPT commands if the MTA replies with
"too many recipients", and deliver the remaining recipients in another
connection.

Thanks for your help. I will be waiting for that 2.0b3!
	Pablo