[Mailman-Users] "anonymous" lists

alex wetmore alex at phred.org
Tue May 16 18:57:06 CEST 2000

From: "Chuq Von Rospach" <chuqui at plaidworks.com>
> One thing I'd like to do is allow full MIME, but restrict MIME
> content -- so people can use these features but restrict which types
> get distributed (I want to specifically refuse .exe and other 'live'
> content, but allow html, jpg and gifs...)

It would be pretty simple to modify the stripmime script
(http://www.phred.org/~alex/stripmime.pl) to do this.  I install this in
front of my mailman-1.1 scripts by putting it first in the aliases line.  It
is perl, not python, because I am more familiar with perl.

The current version of the script strips all MIME from the message, leaving
behind any text/plain sections.

alex