[Mailman-Users] hyper-mail vs. pipermail??

Jim Tay jtay at YorkU.CA
Tue Mar 7 17:05:24 CET 2000

> > I'm debating between using Hypermail and MHonArc now, and one
> > thing I like about Hypermail is that it has a "Reply" button on
> > each posting so you don't need a copy of the original in your
> > mailbox in order to keep your reply in a thread.  Does MHonArc do
> > this?
>
> It doesn't do that automatically, but it is a fairly easy task to
> setup the RC's to generate a "REPLY" button which POSTs the relevent
> data from the message in question to a CGI which then allows a
> message to be edited and sent.

Why do I need a cgi script?  I thought a simple mailto: link would be
enough; upon clicking the link the user's mua would execute and from
there they can quote the message as they choose.  And MHonArc can do
threading based on the message subject so the original message id is not
needed.  At least I think this is the case...

> If you're exererienced at all with PHP or Zope, it shouldn't take
> you much more than 30 minutes or so.

I don't have any experience with these, unfortunately.  I'm a bit of a
newbie with all of this, actually.

Thanks,
Jim