[Mailman-Users] Re: Question: signup box kluge

Christopher Kolar ckolar at admin.aurora.edu
Fri Jun 30 16:00:50 CEST 2000

At 06:37 PM 6/29/2000, Jim Hebert wrote:
>[re: embed pw and pw-conf as hardcoded, hidden inputs]
>You could use either a server side solution (php, xssi, whatever) or a
>client side solution (javascript, etc) to give the two hidden password
>fields random values.
>jim
>ashamed at his stupid hacks sometimes =)

I was wondering how the code for random assignment of password is
implemented in the admin's membership mass-subscribe function.  What if
there was a reserved word, say RANDU, that the subscription script would
recognize.  If you created a subscription box like I did, but in the hidden
field put in RANDU, it would call the random algorithm that is used by mass
subscribe to assign a password for the user.

Those tiny boxes sure are convenient, it would be nice if a little hook
like this could be put in to support it.

--chris